I love Soup season! And today I’d like to share another soup recipe with you.
This delicious soup will keep you nourished and warmed up all winter, ad you can enjoy it for dinner or even as a healthy lunch. The soup is hearty, thick but not heavy at all. Try it and you’ll be hooked!
The best thing about this Red Lentil and Quinoa Soup is that it’s super easy to make. You only need few ingredients: red lentils, quinoa, carrots, onions, garlic, tomatoes, serrano peppers and chicken broth.
You start by sautéing some onions and garlic, then add tomatoes, carrots, serrano peppers, rinsed quinoa and lentils. Cover with broth, season with cumin, turmeric, salt, pepper and let it simmer until lentils and quinoa are cooked through. At the end add spinach and you’re done.
You can sprinkle it with some cilantro and enjoy this amazing soup on a cold winter day.
Red lentils are full of protein and fiber and by adding quinoa you’re really upping the protein power of this soup.
The other day I was craving this delicious soup so I ran on over to my local Grocery Outlet and I was able to find everything (an more) I needed to make this soup. And as always I save money! I mean, where else can you find a 51.2 oz jar of Organic Coconut Oil for $9.99? That’s a crazy good deal!
Grocery Outlet is the nation’s fastest growing extreme-value grocery retailer in the US, offering us huge savings on brand name products from 40% to 70% off. So that way we save money and we keep our family healthy with quality products at deep discount prices. That’s amazing!
I am a huge fan of their N.O.S.H. department, because I always find most things I normally shop for at that expensive specialty store at a fraction of the cost.
(N.O.S.H. stands for: Natural, Organic, Specialty and Healthy)
¡Everyone deserves to eat healthfully and on a budget!
Red Lentil and Quinoa Soup
- 1 cup red lentils
- ½ cup uncooked quinoa, rinsed
- ¼ cup chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed
- 2 medium carrots, chopped
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 serrano pepper, chopped (optional)
- 6 cups organic chicken stock
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon turmeric
- 2 tablespoons organic coconut oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
1. Heat coconut oil in a pot over medium heat and add onion and garlic. Cook for 3 minutes, until soft, then add carrots, tomatoes and serrano peppers. Cook for 5 more minutes, stirring frequently.
2. Add red lentils, quinoa and chicken stock. Season with cumin, turmeric, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Simmer for 25 minutes or until lentils and quinoa are tender. Add more stock if the soup appears too thick for your taste.
3. Add spinach and let it simmer for 5 minutes.
Grocery Outlet also carries refrigerated and frozen foods, fresh meat, dry groceries, beer, wine, health and beauty care, over-the-counter drugs, household products, toys and gifts.
Why spend more if you don’t have to? Shop at Grocery Outlet first and you can see just how much you can save!
Log on to find a Grocery Outlet near you.